the past four days have been an emotional roller coaster of both terrible and amazing life events
in the terrible column:
- going to happy hour the night before your first 5k. subsequently drunk ordering pizza (especially when you’re lactose intolerant), and meeting friends at the neighborhood bar.
- running a 5k hungover. i thought my tummy was going to explode after the first mile
- an emotionally draining letter from my ex-boyfriend.
- subsequent mean emails from my ex-boyfriend.
- spending $250 on textbooks
- unreliable car betteries.
now for the amazingness that has been my life:
- finishing my first race in 28:49. not bad for a hungover runner!
- this idea:
- individually packaged cheddar bunnies in correct portion sizes. then have your roommate hide the big bag from you. keeps me from eating a whole box in one sitting!
- my classes! i LOVE them! well, mostly
- nice guys who are attentive and respectful and wonderful.post-5k wine and dance parties. i highly recommend it.
- the weather. this winter has been wonderful in terms of not having a blizzard yet.
- homemade cookies.
i’m busy getting into the swing of things with school, but life is looking up in pretty much every way.