why running is awesome.
so i’m not really sure what to write about today–i’m having leftovers for dinner, doing nothing fun (aka finishing my last final paper) and in general not feeling too fancy. probably because i’ve been wearing sweats, glasses and zero makeup for about two weeks now. thanks grad school.
so. i’m writing about why i love running. i never thought i would think about loving running, let alone write it. in a blog.
i literally hadn’t run since my 9th grade p.e. teacher forced me to do a (very slow) mile until this august. now i’m planning on doing a half marathon in september.
so how did i get here?
well i discovered running is awesome for these reasons:
1. it makes me feel like a boss.
2. it’s a handy excuse to be outside in the 4 months a year milwaukee has
bearable nice weather.
3. running = meditation/alone time/emotional breakdown time (yes, i have cried on a run)/general sanity.
4. unlike most things in life, i actually keep getting better at it.
5. it makes me more confident i can escape muggers/rapists/kidnappers/serial killers. i literally thought about this today on the treadmill. like “oh yeah, i can run so fast now i’ll definitely never be murdered.” yes, i know.
6. it drastically changed my body for the better.
7. i am truly tired at the end of the day and sleep like a baby.
8. as much as we complicate it–it’s simple. one foot in front of the other. repeat. just run.